Friday, October 8, 2010

This is How It Starts

The last time I looked, this blog had seven followers; today there are six. That might not seem like much of a difference to you, but what kind of press would it get if Publishers Weekly announced book purchases were down 14.3% last year?

Maybe I should post more? Or, given the caliber of what gets posted here, maybe I should post less. The problem with these numbers is that even a steady decrease will appear as an increasingly plummeting readershp rate. Lose one more and it's a 16.7% decrease! Another gets to 20%!! Holy shit!!!

I have absolutely no idea how to stop this impending catastrophe and get readership levels back where they used to be, which makes me fully qualified to work in the marketing department of a major publisher.

Excuse me. I need to work on my resume.

2 comments:

Charlieopera said...

Don't fret, brother. I come here a couple times a day (probably why you're readership is down, by the way). Send me an email with instructions on how to track such stats.

And it's official, my Bills are now the Pirates of the NFL (a blackout this weekend vs. the Jags).

Mike Dennis said...

I check in once a day, Dana. Although now that I see Charlie is lurking twice a day, I may back out. I don't want him telling Jimmy Mangino where I live.