- Here’s where I am today (I mean “today” as I write this. I’ve already changed my mind on this half a dozen times, so this is a fluid position):
- I’ll continue to publish to Kindle. I make more money per sale than they do, and no one has to work in triple-digit heat to ship my books.
- I' ll pick a short list—ten, maybe—of writers whose books I’ll have a hard time getting elsewhere and buy them for my Kindle. See warehouse note above.
- I’ll buy the books of other authors who are in much the same boat as I am, on the premise that I’ll hurt them more than I’ll hurt Amazon by boycotting the site altogether.
- Other books will be read either after purchase from a brick-and-mortar store or from my public library.
- I’ll bust Amazon’s balls at every opportunity.
Grind Joint is now available in both audio and e-book formats. Click on the covers below and to the right to order. (Audio book read by Mike Dennis.)
2013 was a good year. Kudos for Grind Joint included:
Spinetingler Magazine cited it as among the best crime fiction of 2013
Nick Forte’s debut, A Small Sacrifice, was named runner-up by the Sons of Spade web site.
Thanks to everyone who helped to make 2013 such a great year here at OBAAT, from posters to interviewees to commenters.