Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Happy Holidays meme

Sandra Ruttan over at On Life and Other Inconveniences has posted a Happy Holidays meme and invited people to tag themselves, so here goes...

What's the most original Christmas gift you received?
The same as every year: my beloved Spousal Equivalent makes me a personalized desk calendar. This year's theme is Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Previous years have included Deadwood and Blazing Saddles. Every year she come up with something new to make them fun.

What book did you get for Christmas?
Death was the Other Woman, by Linda L. Richards
The Last Good Kiss, by James Crumley

The best thing about the holidays...
Relaxing with my daughter and the Spousal Equivalent, with no one having anyplace else they needed to be, or any pending tasks.

The worst thing about the holidays...
Mononucleosis.

Something you did this year for the first time, or first time in a long time.
Got Mono.

Do you have a New Year's resolution?
Don't get mono anymore.

I'll do the same as Sandra did: I won't tag anyone, but feel free to tag yourself. Just a leave a comment below to let me know you did, and where to find you.

3 comments:

Sandra Ruttan said...

I'm really sorry about the mono. Your post is hilarious, but I feel bad for smiling.

John McFetridge said...

Yeah, don't get mono anymore, that's a good one.

I think you're going to really like Death Was the Other Woman.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana,

Came over from Tim's, where I crushed my own feet with a toe crusher.
I quickly wanted to say, thanks for letting me off the hook for my stupid remark.

I have posted an apology and a clarification (they never work well in tandem) at Tim's site, where I have declared my love for crime writing. Seriously, though my remark came out that way, it was never intended to suggest what it meant.

See...I am bad at clarifications. Thanks for letting me off though. My apologies.
Usman