Saturday, November 5, 2011

Now I Know What Lee Child Feels Like

The first royalty statement for wild Bill has appeared: $26.65. I’m not yet to the income level that will permit me to take over a bar for an evening at Bouchercon, but everyone who introduces themselves to me at next year’s conference will receive a stick of gum (flavor of my choice to be announced) from me personally.

Buy a few more copies, and I’m willing to raise the ante to those bite-sized Tootsie Rolls. Not that I’m begging for sales. Just sayin’.

5 comments:

Mike Dennis said...

Whoa, Dana. Don't underestimate your situation here. You can certainly take over a bar at Bouchercon. That is, if you climb up on the stool and announce, "Drinks for two of my friends!" Plus tip should come out to right around $26.65.

Dana King said...

Mike,
Your idea has merit, assuming I can find two people willing to be acknowledged publicly as my friends. Of course, many relationships have taken root in the fertilizer of free booze.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Congrats, Dana! You have sold copies and man, with the deluge of ebooks, it's not easy.

Photographe à Dublin said...

Many congratulations!

I am the Van Gogh of the cover art world, having sold one photo in my lifetime and know how overwhelming the experience of being published can be.

Being addressed repeatedly in the contracts involved as a "non-resident alien" only added to the drama.

Now I know why so many people in the US believe in alien abduction.

Dana King said...

Thank you, Patti and Dublin. I happily confess much of the credit for any sales I have had goes to Charlie Stella and Tim Hallinan, as there were definite bumps in the week after each of them reviewed the book. Many thanks to them both.