Monday, March 26, 2012

An Obituary

The motherboard of my laptop passed away unexpectedly after a brief illness on Friday, March 23. She is survived by three novels, over a dozen short stories and flash pieces, hundreds of blog posts, and thousands of emails.

A brief, yet solemn, memorial will be held prior to recycling. In lieu of flowers, please honor her memory through diligent back-ups. Mine weren't as diligent as they should have been, though all data will be recovered once I get a functioning cable to replace what came with my hard drive enclosure.

Due to this untimely event and some work responsibilities, I will be operating at reduced capacity into next weekend. Don't take it personal if you don't hear from me much.

1 comment:

Peter Rozovsky said...

My condolences. Perhaps you ought to start a death watch for faith in consumer electronics.