Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Grind Joint News

The business trip to [location redacted] for [organization redacted] to [purpose redacted] is complete, the jet lag is pretty much over, and it’s time to get back in the saddle again. Let’s start with a good news / bad news combo:

Good news:

Stark House has announced my first physical, you can buy it in stores, it has pages and a cover and everything book, Grind Joint, will be released in November, in time to solve all your Christmas shopping dilemmas. (Unless the intended recipient has issues with bad language and violence, in which case you might want to buy them something else. Just not a cat mystery. I hate cat mysteries. I’d rather buy my mother a large-print copy of The Cold Six Thousand than a book where a [obscenity redacted] cat solves a murder.) I don’t have an actual drop date yet, but I’ll be sure to let you know, which brings us to the

Bad news:

With A Small Sacrifice available for Kindle in August and Grind Joint coming out in November, I’ll be even more insufferable than usual with my blatant and unconscionable self-promotion. The surest way to avoid this is to buy as many copies as you can of each book as quickly as you can, until I’ve made enough to pay for the exorbitantly expensive washer and dryer The Beloved Spouse bought while I was away in [vacation destination redacted]. Then I’ll chill.

6 comments:

Steve Weddle said...

ready to pre-order

Corky said...

Beloved Spouse here: The pride and joy I feel in your accomplishment is not in the least diminished by your dismissal of my exhaustive research prior to purchasing the exorbitantly expensive washer and dryer replacement for the old appliance (which had caught fire, btw.) I even made a spreadsheet! All the time I was near death, myself unable to accompany you at [vacation destination redacted].

YOU ROCK, Love!

Charlieopera said...

Listen to me: This is great news ... hockey and Grind Joint in the same month. There is a God (Lunqvist) and he approves ... getting rid of Tortorella was part of the deal.

There is another God/Goddess (Corky) and she approves, too ... but the washer and dryer were part of the same deal ...

Mike Dennis said...

I just preordered (adjective redacted) GRIND JOINT, Dana. (Congratulations redacted) on its publishing and I know you'll (good wishes redacted). Hope to see you in the fall at Bouchercon in (name of dreadful conference city redacted).

Dana King said...

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Mike, I'll see you in Albany. Dress appropriately this time.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Congratulations, Dana.!