Sunday, September 15, 2013

Here it Is: The Final Bouchercon 2013 Promotional Announcement. You’re Welcome.

This is likely the only blog post this week. Tomorrow morning The Beloved Spouse and I leave for Bouchercon. We’ll spend Tuesday night with relatives before heading on to Albany. I may post from the conference if the planets align, but I’m there to attend, not to post; a full compendium of my activities will be provided next week. (Discretely redacted, as necessary.)

If you’re in the area, I’ll be part of two events:

Friday, September 20 at 10:20 in Room 2: “Goodnight, My Angel: Hard-boiled, Noir and the Reader's Love Affair With Both.” The moderator is Peter Rozovsky, of the award-winning blog Detectives Beyond Borders. The panelists are Eric Beetner, Mike Dennis, Terrence McCauley, and Jonathan Woods.

Saturday, September 21 at 4:00 in Room 5: “Is Chandler’s Concept of the Ideal Hero Still Relevant?” I have some comments prepared, but what I’m really hoping for is a discussion. Maybe an argument. A minor fistfight is okay, but no weapons, please.

If you’re in Albany and can’t make either event, please feel free to catch me in the hall or at the bar and say hello. Putting a face to a commenter’s name, or shaking the hand of someone who reads but does not comment is always fun.

See you there.

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Have a terrific time, Dana. Remember you are there as a successful writer this year! You're part of what people come to see,