Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Final Countdown

Today marks one month until the official launch of Grind Joint at the Mystery Lovers Bookshop in Oakmont PA. Details will be provided as I learn them. What I can say for sure is:

1. It starts at 10:00 AM

2. It ends around noon

3. Books will be available for purchase

No one looks forward to the date more than The Beloved Spouse. I’ll read a couple of chapters from the book at the launch. Those who know me are aware my mouth has a tendency to get ahead of anything my mind is doing, so I’ve been reading aloud to her more than usual lately. Not from Grind Joint; she can recite parts of it from memory already. Last night she got large chunks of The Onion Field as I practiced slowing things down, enunciating better, and putting appropriate emphasis in my voice. Feel free to critique my reading after the signing. (If you’re there. I don’t care what the rest of you think.)

Q&A can cover anything, with the exception of politics, religion, and sex, except for general questions about how any of the above relate to Penns River. (Editor’s Note: No sex questions. My mother will be there.) I’ll even be happy to talk about the eternal question, “Where do you get your ideas?” Peter Rozovsky asked his Bouchercon panelists if there were any questions we were sick of and would prefer not to have to answer. I’m so new at this, I’m delighted when people ask me the time of day; I’ll answer anything. Get to me now before Crash Davis does.

There will also be a guest appearance by my editor, Rick Ollerman, who will fill everyone in on some of the cool stuff currently available from Stark House. For example, did you know Stark House also publishes Charlie Stella, whose most recent novel, Rough Riders, was named one of the top five books of 2012 by Crime Fiction Lover? You didn’t? Well, then, get your ass over to Mystery Lovers Bookshop on November 16. You clearly have dangerous gaps in your knowledge.

Breaking News!

Amazon is now providing an estimated arrival date of October 23, 2013 - November 18, 2013 for pre-ordered copies of Grind Joint.

1 comment:

Photographe à Dublin said...

Many congratulations on your success.

Your wife has all my sympathy...
A friend who has taken to writing poetry likes to ask for my opinion and I, unfortunately, often tend to give it.