Thursday, July 27, 2023

Win (Earn) a Signed Copy of the New Penns River Book, The Spread

 Penns River Book 8, The Spread, drops next Monday (July 31) from Down & Out Books. In a break with all tradition, and everything I hold dear, I’m giving away a free, signed book to one lucky person. (Or unsigned, if you think my signature will decrease its value.)

 

It won’t be all luck; you’ll need some chops. Below are ten of my favorite movie quotes. Not the greatest quotes of all time. Not even the ten I think are the greatest of all time, Not even even necessarily my ten favorites. Ten of my favorites. To receive the book, reply in the comments with the following information about each:

·       The actor who speaks the line.

·       The name of the character played by that actor.

·       The film it is from.

 

There are ten quotes, so 30 possible points. The person who earns the most points by midnight Eastern Time on July 31 gets a book. It’s that simple. In case of a tie, the person whose comment has the earliest time stamp is the winner.

 

Sure, you could scour the internet and find all the right answers, but what fun would that be? Is it worth saving a few bucks to have to live with the gnawing guilt of knowing you violated the spirit of a friendly competition, one that may involve friends of yours, just to get ahead? Only you can judge that.

 

The winner will be announced in next Friday’s blog. Have at it.

 

1.) “They’re against the wall! Skip on down.”

 

2.) “Hold up your badge. So they’ll know you’re a policeman.”

 

3.) “I was misinformed.”

 

4.) “I like talking to a man who likes to talk.”

 

5.) “I can’t wait for you to be dead.”

 

6.) “Come on, you lazy bastards!”

 

7.) “In my case, an accident of birth. But you, sir, you’re a self-made man.”

 

8.) “Those guys are spending money like the Russians are in Jersey.”

 

9.) “In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.”

 

10.) “That some bad hat, Harry.”

 

1 comment:

Ef Deal said...

Sadly, the only line I recognize is the last one, and I only know it as a tagline for Bad Hat Productions. I know it's Roy Scheider's (Sheriff Brody) comeback to somebody on the beach who teases him about being scared of water in Jaws, but I remember it mostly from watching some television show. Sadly, I can't recall which show.