Friday, June 27, 2014

A Sneak Peek at Bad Samaritan

The free books offer runs through the weekend. Thanks to everyone who has helped to make this such a success; more on that next week.

Next year’s book will be a return to Nick Forte’s world, tentatively titled, Bad Samaritan. Here’s a peek at the opening scene, in its entirety:

Trouble is the residue of my design.
I could have left him alone. Should have, depending on who you ask. Found myself handy to Rush Street after a long day, stopped for a beer and the beginning of the Sox game. Saw him slap the woman, locked and loaded for the second when I slid a forearm under his armpit, grabbed his wrist, and pulled until the shoulder separated.
It took time for him to collect himself. “What the hell did you do that for?”
“You know why.” Slid back onto my bar stool.
Hard to make it sound threatening with tears in his eyes, arm pinned to his torso. He did his best. “You have no idea who I am.”

That was okay. He had no idea who I was, either. So I gave him my card.

No comments: