Monday, November 28, 2016

I Suck at Marketing

Remember the great deal I promised you last week on Kindle versions of my self-published books? Well, I should have set the deals up before I started running my mouth. Thanks to the vagaries of Amazon countdown promotions and their relationship with KDP, not only are not all of the books available at the times I promised, the number of price increments is not the same.

I’m not blaming Amazon for any of this. It’s my fault for not performing even a modicum of due diligence before letting my mouth write checks my ass couldn’t cash. That said, here is the updated promotion schedule:

BOOK
DATES
PRICE
The Stuff That Dreams are Made Of
November 29 & 30
December 1 & 2
December 3 and beyond
$0.99
$1.99
$2.99 (regular price)
The Man in the Window
December 5 & 6
December 7 & 8
December 9 and beyond
$0.99
$1.99
$2.99 (regular price)
A Dangerous Lesson
December 12 & 13
December 14 & 15
December 16 and beyond
$0.99
$1.99
$2.99 (regular price)

A Small Sacrifice and Wild Bill will still be available for cheap(er), but the dates are TBD. I expect A Small Sacrifice to sneak in the week before Christmas and Wild Bill will meet its original Hanukkah/after Christmas window, but I won’t know for sure until I see how the KDP renew dates shake out.


My ego is not such that I expect this to be a major obstacle in your holiday plans, but I still hate to say anything that turns out not to be true. Mea culpa.

No comments: