Friday, May 10, 2019

Graduation Day


This is Diversity Friday, though a decided dearth of diverse dramatists may have dried up the design before it achieved critical mass. Digging deeper into the depths of alliterative depravity, the blog takes the day off from writerly interests for a family outing, as today The Sole Heir becomes a doctor, as in M.D.

I try not to make this blog too much about me; asking people to suffer my opinions already tests the limits of both human endurance and compassion. Today I get to swell my fatherly chest a little as I take a few minutes to tell the world how proud I am of this young woman. People have asked me for years what my favorite age is for her when I look back and I have always said, “However old she is now.” Never has that been more true than today.

Congratulations, Dr. Blewett.

No comments: