Monday, February 13, 2012

Worst Enemies Available March 1

Now that Wild Bill’s sales are comfortably into double digits, I am pleased to announce my next book, Worst Enemies, will be available for Kindle and Nook on March 1. (I hope. I’m awaiting permission to use a photograph for the cover. This is not Trestle Press.) Don’t think Worst Enemies is something I dashed off over the past few months because of the whelming success of Wild Bill. It took a full year and then some to write, slumbering on my hard drive while I got my act together deciding what I wanted to do with it.

Worst Enemies is the first of what I hope will be several books set in Penns River, a fictional town in Western Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh’s economic recovery never seems to make it as far up the Allegheny as Penns River, though some of the yuppies looking for good home prices have established a bedroom enclave. Worst Enemies is the story of a small town and its cops, pulled between conflicting economic forces. The population is aging, the tax base is shrinking, and the crime situation is becoming more than its police force can comfortable handle.

Oh, and there’s murder. More than one.

More on Worst Enemies will follow, including excerpts and a look at the cover when it’s ready. You have been warned.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Congrats! You are working hard!

Dana King said...

Thanks, Patti. it's not so much that I'm working hard as I'm clearing a backlog. I kept writing when agents couldn't sell my early efforts, and got way ahead when a publisher who shall not be names jerked me around for two years before passing on a book. Now I have a lot of stuff "in the drawer," and I'm working through the backlog.